There may be nothing more sinfully luxurious than spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. Revelers can start their evening off right by getting pampered at one of the many spas that dot the Strip before heading out for a bite to eat at one of the best restaurants you’ve ever been to. Then, round out your evening at one of the many (many) New Year’s Eve concerts, clubs, or parties before watching the ball drop and seeing the spectacular fireworks show that takes place as the clock strikes twelve.
Whatever you decide to do, time is running short, so start planning your NYE itinerary now. If you need some extra advice, we’ve compiled some sample itineraries to get the ball rolling at the end of those post.
- Book early – Hotel rooms will be booked up quickly and tickets will sell out fast.
- Arrive early – Las Vegas Boulevard gets blocked off for the party at 6:00 PM, and with 300,000+ people descending on the Strip, traffic will be crazy all night. To avoid traffic congestion, we recommend opting for cabs, rideshares, shuttles, or the Las Vegas Monorail.
- Dress appropriately – if you’re spending time outside, wear layers. While Las Vegas in winter is not as cold as other locations, the desert still gets cold at night and you will want a jacket. Backpacks, coolers, and strollers are prohibited on Las Vegas Boulevard between 6:00 PM December 31 – 6:00 AM January 1.
- Imbibe responsibly – While many tickets include open bar or bottle service, make sure you space those drinks out with some water. You’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Shop accordingly – Between 6:00 PM December 31 and 6:00 AM January 1, glass containers are banned while on The Strip (south of Sahara and north of Sunset Avenue) and on the sidewalks bordering that portion of Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Carry your hotel key with you – Between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM many hotel properties require proof that you are a guest of the hotel to access the property.
New Year’s Eve 2020 Parties and Events
There are so many events happening, plus new ones being added all the time, that it’s hard to list them all! Here are a few to get you started on organizing your last night of 2019, starting with the official city of Las Vegas New Year’s Eve party:
- New Year’s Eve 2020: America’s Party Downtown – Fremont Street Experience
Dinners & Appetizers
- New Year’s Eve Champagne & Caviar Dinner – Sparrow + Wolf
- Searsucker New Year’s Eve – Searsucker at Caesars Palace
- New Year’s Eve Celebration Dinner – Hakkasan Restaurant at MGM Grand
- Crafted Buffet: New Year’s Eve Seafood Buffet – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower
- Top Of The World – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower
- Derek Richards New Year’s Eve Comedy Show & Dinner – Hard Rock Live Las Vegas
- Bonne Année! – Bouchon at The Venetian
- NYE 2020 Unicorn Candyland – Tom’s Urban at New York – New York
- NYE Bar at Times Square 2020 – New York-New York Hotel & Casino
- Vegans, Baby: New Year’s Eve Party – Tacotarian
- New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas – Eiffel Tower Restaurant
Performances & Concerts
- Christina Aguilera – Zappos Theater
- Paula Abdul: Forever Your Girl – Flamingo Las Vegas
- Journey: The Las Vegas Residency – The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- Tyga New Year’s Eve – Jewel Nightclub
- Lil Jon New Year’s Eve – 1 Oak Nightclub
- New Year’s Eve with Burn Unit – Marilyn’s Lounge at Eastside Cannery
- Serpentine Fire – Sam’s Town Live at Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
- Out Da Norm – Roxy’s Lounge at Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
- Nas & Eric Dlux – TAO Nightclub
- Future – Drai’s Beachclub & Nightclub
- Third Eye Blind – House of Blues Las Vegas
- T-Pain – LIGHT Nightclub
- Maroon 5 – Mandalay Bay Events Center
- Lady Gaga (Jazz & Piano) – Park Theater
DJs, Parties & Clubs
- Steve Aoki New Year’s Eve – Hakkasan Nightclub
- Calvin Harris New Year’s Eve – Omnia Las Vegas
- New Year’s Eve with DJ Snow – Rainforest Cafe
- New Year’s Eve with the Chainsmokers – XS nightclub
- New Year 2020 featuring DJ-violinist Lydia Ansel – Velvet Room at the Luxor
- New Year’s Eve 2020 at Prestige Club Lounge
- New Years Eve 2020 at Chateau Nightclub & Beerpark
- Downtown Country Throwdown’s New Year’s Eve Party – Place on 7th
- New Year’s Eve 2020 – The Dorsey
- 107 Skylounge Celebration – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower
- Party in the Sky – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower
- New Year’s Eve Party – Hard Rock Live Las Vegas at Hard Rock Cafe
Fireworks & Fireworks Viewing Parties
- New Year’s Eve Bingo Blowout – Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
New Year’s Day
While things are pretty much back to normal by the time New Year’s Day morning—or afternoon for those out extra late—rolls around, you’ll still find some special New-Year-related events:
Breakfasts, brunches & lunches
Bonus Points: Head to the Grand Canyon
Get a jump on your New Year’s Resolutions and cross an item off your bucket list: see the Grand Canyon. Whether you squeeze it in under the clock December 31st or start the new year off right with a healthy dose of awe, make a trip to the Grand Canyon part of your New Year’s experience.
VISIT THE SOUTH RIM
4 Sample NYE Itineraries
With so many options for how to ring in the new year in Vegas, it can be hard to narrow down your plans and create an itinerary for your evening. To help get you started, we’ve put together some sample itineraries for families, foodies, party goers, luxury lovers, and budget travellers.
Sample Itinerary #1: Families
Yes, there are family-friendly activities to attend on NYE! Check out these events:
|Start your night off early||New Year’s At Noon: The Alley Cats – South Point Hotel Casino & Spa|
|Dinner time||Try this list of kid-friendly restaurants from Eater Las Vegas|
|When the clock strikes 12||5th Annual Wild New Year’s Eve Party – Rainforest Cafe|
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Dining – JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa|
Sample Itinerary #2: Foodies
Las Vegas is a smorgasbord for foodies any day of the year, but it’s even more enticing on NYE as different resorts and restaurants compete to put on the most scrumptious spread. Here’s what we recommend:
|Start your night off right||New Year’s Eve Champagne & Caviar Dinner – Sparrow + Wolf|
|The feast continues||Bonne Année! – Bouchon at The Venetian|
|When the clock strikes 12||108 Party in the Sky – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower|
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Brunch – Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
New Year’s Day Crab Festival – 3000 Graphic Center Drive
Sample Itinerary #3: Party Goers
Hoping to welcome new year on the dance floor? Here’s what we recommend:
|Fuel up & pre-party||Searsucker New Year’s Eve – Searsucker at Caesars Palace|
|Parties||Steve Aoki New Year’s Eve – Hakkasan Nightclub|
Calvin Harris New Year’s Eve – Omnia Las Vegas
New Year’s Eve with DJ Snow – Rainforest Cafe
New Year’s Eve with the Chainsmokers – XS nightclub
|When the clock strikes 12||NYE 2020 Unicorn Candyland – Tom’s Urban at New York – New York|
Lil Jon New Year’s Eve – 1 Oak Nightclub
New Year’s Eve 2020: America’s Party Downtown – Fremont Street Experience
|New Year’s Day||Hair of the Dog – Hogs & Heifers|
Sample Itinerary #4: Budget-Conscious
Spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas doesn’t have to bankrupt you. Check out these budget-friendly events:
|Dinner and drinks||Crafted Buffet: New Year’s Eve Seafood Buffet – Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower|
|When the clock strikes 12||New Year’s Eve 2020: America’s Party Downtown – Fremont Street Experience|
|New Year’s Day||Trip to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, or Lake Mead – Canyon Tours|
Sample Itinerary #5: Luxury Lovers
Ready to spare no expense this NYE? Say hello to 2020 in the lap of luxury at these spots:
|Start your night off right||Spa specials – BATHHOUSE spa at Delano|
|Appetizers & apéritifs||New Year’s Eve Champagne & Caviar Dinner – Sparrow + Wolf|
|Dinner||New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas – Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
|Take in a show||Lady Gaga (Jazz & Piano) – Park Theater|
|Parties||New Year’s Eve 2020 at Prestige Club Lounge|
New Year’s Eve 2020 – The Dorsey
|When the clock strikes 12||High Roller’s New Year’s Eve – High Roller Observation Wheel|
New Years Eve 2020 at Chateau Nightclub & Beerpark
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Brunch – Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
Trip to the Grand Canyon by helicopter – Canyon Tours
Ringing in the New Year in Las Vegas? There’s lots to see and do, but tickets for these events sell out quickly (and may already be sold out at the time of publishing) so start making arrangements and snap up those tickets—and hotel rooms—quickly.
Visiting Las Vegas this October? Add these events, festivals, shows, and Halloween events to your itinerary.
Keep your kids and yourself entertained with these exciting, interesting, and occasionally educational Las Vegas experiences.
Dashing Down the Strip: Walking Tour of the Best Las Vegas Christmas Light Displays, Events, & Attractions (map included)
Las Vegas is home to exciting activities that appeal to everyone – not just gamblers or party-goers. Check out one of these alternative excursions.