The best way to decide what time of year is best for your Grand Canyon adventure is to think about what you want to do when you’re there. Before you book a flight, consider what activities appeal to you most. For example:
- Do you want to hike? Are you happy to hike along the Rim Trail, or do you want to trek into the Grand Canyon?
- Do you want to camp or stay overnight, or would you prefer a day trip?
- Are you interested in an airplane or helicopter flight, or how about a floor landing?
- Do you want to see the Skywalk?
- Are you travelling with kids?
- Are you keen to go whitewater rafting on the Colorado River?
If your biggest priority is simply to see the sights and snap some photos, you’ll have a little more flexibility over your timeline, but some activities, such as camping, hiking, and rafting, are easier (and cheaper) to book during certain months. Whatever your preference is, our guide can help you choose the perfect time of year to visit the Grand Canyon.