Las Vegas is renowned for being an exciting city full of things for visitors of all ages (yes, even kids!) to do and see. From rollercoasters to museums and animal habits to cinematic experiences, you are sure to find more than enough to fill your time in town.
So, what can you not miss on the Las Vegas Strip? In this post, we’ll take you down the Strip to each must-see spot and highlight its most unmissable activities, events, and viewables based on your specific interests, such as:
- Fun- and game-seekers
- Museum, art and exhibit perusers
- TV & movie fans
Fun- & Game-seekers
Whether you are an adrenaline junkie or a dedicated puzzler, a gamer or karaoke champion, these are the spots you can’t miss.
- The STRAT: For thrill-seekers, nothing beats the STRAT, with roller coasters such as Big Shot, Insanity – The Ride, SkyJump Las Vegas, and X Scream.
- Adventuredome at Circus Circus: A family-friendly 5 acre amusement park with lots of rides, midway games, and attractions.
- PanIQ Escape Room at The Venetian: If an immersive puzzle-solving experience is what you seek, be sure to stop by the Venetian for their PanIQ Escape Room.
- The Escape Game at Caesars Forum Shops: Didn’t get your puzzle-solving fix at PanIQ? You should also stop by the Escape Game at Caesars Palace.
- LINQ Promenade: Test your skills at Brooklyn Bowl Bowling Lanes, or get your thrills at FlyLINQ where you’ll fly high over the Strip on a zipline.
- The Big Apple Coaster & Arcade at New York-New York: Explore the Big Apple Coaster & Arcade and play your favorite classics and the latest video and arcade games, or hop on the Coaster for an extra thrill.
- Virtual Reality Powered by Zero Latency at LEVEL UP MGM Grand: An immersive VR experience for up to 8 players.
If your idea of a great getaway is treating yourself to a shopping spree, these are the must-see retail spots on the Las Vegas Strip.
Museum, Art & Exhibit Perusers
Do you love to linger in a museum? Spend hours taking in works of art? Enjoy your time at these can’t-be-missed exhibits and experiences.
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas at The Venetian
- The Bellagio—home to the Bellagio Conservatory, Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, and the Art of Richard MacDonald Presented by Cirque du Soleil.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition at Luxor
If observing nature and interacting with wildlife piques your interest, check out these wildlife habitats conveniently located on the Strip.
- Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at Mirage: Featuring bottlenose dolphins, white tigers, white lions, and leopards, this habitat combines education and enchantment. Plus, a portion of ticket sales goes to support education and research programs benefitting wild dolphin populations.
- The Wildlife Habitat at Flamingo: A four-acre garden boasting streams, waterfalls, Chilean flamingos, multiple species of exotic waterfowl, and brown pelicans. They also have sturgeon, koi, albino catfish, turtles, and local birds, including hummingbirds. Entry is free.
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay: This aquarium features an underwater shipwreck and over 2,000 animals, including sharks, giant rays, endangered green sea turtles, piranha and a Komodo dragon. For an additional fee, you can participate in stingray, sea turtle, or shark feeding.
For those who love to stop at every roadside attraction they pass and scope out unique experiences and sights in each city, these are your must-see sights along the Strip:
- Las Vegas Night Flight Helicopter Tour—See the dazzling lights of the Strip from a bird’s eye view on a night flight helicopter tour.
BOOK YOUR TOUR
- The STRAT Tower Observation Deck: This 1149 ft tall tower is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States. From here you can see expansive views of the Las Vegas Valley and surrounding area, and even enjoy some fine dining and drinks.
- The Venetian: Take a gondola ride, or check out Streetmosphere at the Grand Canal Shoppes.
- The Volcano at Mirage: Take in the sights of an erupting volcano at the Mirage. Erupting Monday to Sunday from 7 pm to 11 pm, this volcano features taller explosions and more fireballs than in previous years, as well as a soundtrack from The Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart and Indian tabla sensation Zakir Hussain.
- High Roller at LINQ Promenade: Go 550 feet above the Strip on the largest observation wheel in North America.
- Fall of Atlantis at Caesars Forum Shops—This unique (and free!) animatronic show acts out the story of Atlantis, complete with fire, water, and a 20-foot winged dragon. Catch it every hour on the hour starting at 11am, and check out the nearby aquarium while you are at it.
- Fountains of Bellagio: Catch this iconic water fountain show Monday to Friday, every 30 minutes from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and every 15 minutes from 7:00 PM to midnight. On Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays it runs every 30 minutes from noon to 7pm, and every 15 minutes from 7pm until midnight.
- Swarovski Starburst at Bally’s: This installation is made up of 900 custom-cut Swarovski crystal spheres and 1,800 points of multicolored LED light that continuously change. Every night at 9pm and midnight, these lights are choreographed to original music.
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at PARIS Las Vegas: Offering one of the best views in the city from 46 stories up, the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas is a half-scale replica of the Parisian landmark.
- The Welcome to Las Vegas sign: An iconic Las Vegas classic.
TV & Movie Fans
Indulge your cinematic side on the Strip at these special film and tv exhibits and experiences:
- Marvel Avengers STATION Interactive Exhibit at Treasure Island
- The Hunger Games: The Exhibition at MGM Grand.
- 4D Ultimate Experience at Excalibur—“Join some of your favorite [film] characters on incredible 15-minute adventures at the all-new Ultimate 4-D Experience.” Current experiences include San Andreas, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman.
Whether you are a thrill-seeker or gamer, a shopaholic, or a culture-connoisseur, Las Vegas has lots to offer when it comes to things you can’t miss, and, regardless of what your definition of can’t-miss includes, there are myriad options both on and off the Las Vegas Strip.