There’s nothing more exciting than New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. How will your evening unfold? Will you start with a massage and mani-pedi at a spa along the Strip? Or maybe you’ll indulge in a gourmet meal before moving on to one of the many (and we mean many) New Year’s Eve concerts, clubs, or parties. And when the clock strikes midnight, you may decide to join over 300,000 partygoers to watch the ball drop, sip champagne and enjoy the spectacular display of fireworks that light up the night sky.
However you envision your evening playing out, you’d better make your plans and book your tickets now—they sell out fast! Not sure where to start? We’ve compiled some sample itineraries below to help you out.
- Book early: Hotel rooms will be booked up quickly and tickets will sell out fast.
- Arrive early: Las Vegas Boulevard gets blocked off for the party at 6:00 PM, and with 300,000+ people descending on The Strip, traffic will be crazy all night. Avoid it by opting for cabs, rideshares, shuttles, or the Las Vegas Monorail.
- Dress appropriately: If you’re spending time outside, wear layers. Vegas may be known for its sun and warmth, but the desert does get cold at night and you will want a jacket. Also, be aware that backpacks, coolers, and strollers are prohibited on Las Vegas Boulevard between 6:00 PM on December 31 and 6:00 AM on January 1.
- Drink responsibly: While many event tickets include an open bar or bottle service, be sure to drink some water between cocktails. You’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Forget the glass: Between 6:00 PM on December 31 and 6:00 AM on January 1, glass containers are banned along The Strip (south of Sahara and north of Sunset Avenue), as well as on the sidewalks bordering that portion of Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Carry your hotel key with you: Between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM, many hotels require proof that you are a guest in order to gain access to the property.
New Year’s Eve 2023 Parties and Events
With so many events on the go and new ones being added all the time, it’s difficult to list all your options for spending NYE in Las Vegas. To help you ring in the new year your way, we’ve compiled the events we think are the best of the best. First on our list, the official city of Las Vegas New Year’s Eve party and Club Crawl:
Family-Friendly NYE Events in Las Vegas
Dinner & Drinks
Concerts & Performances
DJs, Parties & Clubs
Fireworks & Fireworks Viewing Parties
- Fireworks on the Las Vegas Strip – Anywhere on The Strip. For the best view, look for higher viewpoints like publicly accessible rooftops.
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino is hosting a NYE VIP Fireworks Viewing Party at midnight
- Catch the Plaza fireworks from your suite or the Stadium Swim rooftop pool deck at Circa
- The Ice Rink New Year’s Eve Fireworks Viewing Party at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- ARIA provides a fireworks viewing area on the ARIA Main Porte Cochere
- BEER PARK and Chateau Nightclub & Rooftop at Paris Las Vegas will ring in the New Year with a massive rooftop party
New Year's Day
While things are pretty much back to normal by the time New Year’s Day morning—or afternoon for those who stayed out extra late—rolls around, you’ll still find some special New-year-related events on January 1:
Breakfasts, brunches & lunches
Bonus Points: Head to the Grand Canyon
Get a jump on your New Year’s Resolutions and cross an item off your bucket list: see the Grand Canyon. Whether you squeeze it in under the clock on December 31st or start the new year off right with a healthy dose of awe, make a trip to the Grand Canyon part of your New Year’s experience.
VISIT THE SOUTH RIM
5 Sample NYE Itineraries
With so many options for how to ring in the new year in Vegas, it can be hard to narrow down your plans and create an itinerary for your evening. To help get you started, we’ve put together 5 sample itineraries for families, foodies, party goers, luxury lovers, and budget travellers.
Sample Itinerary #1: Families
Yes, there are family-friendly activities happening for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas! Check out these events:
|Start your night off early||Ultimate 4-D Experience — Excalibur Hotel & Casino|
Las Vegas Wild New Year’s Eve Party — Rainforest Cafe
|Dinner time||Try this list of family-friendly restaurants from TripAdvisor|
|When the clock strikes 12||Watch the Fireworks Shows from the High Roller Observation Wheel or check out the Ice Rink Fireworks Viewing Party at The Cosmopolitan|
|New Year’s Day||Check out this list of kid-friendly breakfast restaurants from Yelp|
Visit the Grand Canyon’s West Rim with Canyon Tours
Sample Itinerary #2: Foodies
Las Vegas is a smorgasbord for foodies any day of the year, but it’s even more enticing on NYE. Here’s what we recommend:
|Start your night off right||Early seating at Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
|The feast continues||Cheers to New Year’s Eve — WAKUDA|
|When the clock strikes 12||Stick around at WAKUDA and enjoy a lounge table and hors d’oeuvres platter package (reservation required)|
|New Year’s Day||Brunch — Yardbird|
Sample Itinerary #3: Party Goers
Want to ring in the new year on the dance floor? Check out these events:
|Fuel up & pre-party||New Year’s Eve drinks & appies at Casa Calavera Las Vegas|
|Parties||Lil Jon (DJ Set) — JEWEL Nightclub|
DJ Pauly D — Marquee Nightclub
|When the clock strikes 12||Rooftop Party at BEER PARK and Chateau Nightclub & Rooftop at Paris Las Vegas|
|New Year’s Day||Drag Brunch at Senor Frog’s — Treasure Island|
Sample Itinerary #4: Budget-Conscious
Spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out these budget-friendly events:
|Dinner, drinks, and a show||Time of Your Life Festival™ — Fremont Street Experience|
|When the clock strikes 12||Stick around at the Time of Your Life Festival™ for the “iconic countdown to the New Year culminating in an epic display of pyrotechnics and digital fireworks on the world’s largest screen”|
Or, check out the free fireworks show on the The Strip
|New Year’s Day||Trip to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, or Lake Mead – Canyon Tours|
Sample Itinerary #5: Luxury Lovers
Ready to spare no expense this NYE? Welcome 2022 with these luxurious New Year’s Eve events:
|Start your night off right||Spa specials — The Spa at ARIA|
|Dinner time||Cheers to New Year’s Eve — WAKUDA|
|Take in a show||“O” BY CIRQUE DU SOLEIL® — Bellagio Hotel & Casino|
Fantasy — Luxor Hotel & Casino
|Dance the night away||Champagne Toast — The Chandelier|
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Brunch — Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
Grand Canyon Deluxe Airplane and Hummer Tour — Canyon Tours
Planning to spend New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas? Between myriad events, attractions, and shows, there’s much to choose from. Remember that tickets tend to sell out quickly (and may already be sold out), so lock in your plans and snap up those reservations now!