There’s nothing more sinfully luxurious than spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. How will your evening unfold? Will you start with a massage and mani-pedi at a spa along the Strip? Or maybe you’ll indulge in a gourmet meal before moving on to one of the many (and we mean many) New Year’s Eve concerts, clubs, or parties. And when the clock strikes midnight, you may decide to join over 300,000 partygoers to watch the ball drop, sip champagne and enjoy the spectacular display of fireworks that light up the night sky.
Whatever your plans, you’d better make them now (before tickets sell out!). Not sure where to start? We’ve compiled some sample itineraries to help you out.
- Book early – Hotel rooms will be booked up quickly and tickets will sell out fast.
- Arrive early – Las Vegas Boulevard gets blocked off for the party at 6:00 PM, and with 300,000+ people descending on The Strip, traffic will be crazy all night. Avoid it by opting for cabs, rideshares, shuttles, or the Las Vegas Monorail.
- Dress appropriately – If you’re spending time outside, wear layers. Vegas may be warmer than our neighbors to the north, but the desert does get cold at night and you will want a jacket. Also, be aware that backpacks, coolers, and strollers are prohibited on Las Vegas Boulevard between 6:00 PM December 31 – 6:00 AM January 1.
- Drink responsibly – While many tickets include an open bar or bottle service, be sure to drink some water between cocktails. You’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Shop accordingly – Between 6:00 PM December 31 and 6:00 AM January 1, glass containers are banned along The Strip (south of Sahara and north of Sunset Avenue) and on the sidewalks bordering that portion of Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Carry your hotel key with you – Between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM, many hotels require proof that you are a guest in order to gain access to the property.
New Year’s Eve 2022 Parties and Events
With so many events on the go and new ones being added all the time, it’s difficult to list all your options for spending NYE in Las Vegas. To help you ring in the new year your way, we’ve compiled the events we think are the best of the best. First on our list, the official city of Las Vegas New Year’s Eve party and Club Crawl:
- New Year’s At Noon: The Alley Cats — South Point Hotel Casino & Spa
- David Copperfield — David Copperfield Theater at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- Murray the Magician — Laugh Factory Las Vegas
- America’s Got Talent Las Vegas LIVE — Luxor Theater
- High Roller — The LINQ Promenade
Dinners (And Maybe a Show)
Check out this list of restaurants taking reservations for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas.
Concerts & Performances
- Lizzo — Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Maroon 5 — The Chelsea at the The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Katy Perry New Year’s Eve — Resorts World Las Vegas
- New Years Eve with Quiet Riot and Crash Midnight — Fremont Country Club
- Sam Grow — Stoney’s Rockin Country
- Doug Stanhope — Plaza Hotel & Casino
- Exclusive Bruno Mars NYE Experience — Dolby Live at Park MGM
- David Lee Roth – ROCKS VEGAS — House of Blues Las Vegas
- The Go-Go’s — The Venetian Theatre
- Kristin Chenoweth — The Smith Center
- Blue Oyster Cult — Golden Nugget
- Tape Face — Harrah’s Las Vegas
- The Como La Flor Band Tribute to Selena — The Railhead at Boulder Station Hotel & Casino
- MJ The Evolution — The Mosaic on the Strip
- Zedd — ZOUK Nightclub
DJs, Parties & Clubs
- Steve Aoki New Year’s Eve — OMNIA Nightclub
- Australian Tech-house DJ Fisher — Marquee Nightclub
- Black Coffee New Year’s Eve — Hakkasan Nightclub
- DJ Sam I Am — House of Blues Las Vegas
- New Year’s Eve with the Chainsmokers — XS Nightclub
- New Year’s Eve Party — Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Eiffel Tower New Year’s Eve — Paris Las Vegas
- Lil Jon (DJ Set) — JEWEL Nightclub
Fireworks & Fireworks Viewing Parties
- Fireworks on the Las Vegas Strip — The Strip
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino is hosting a NYE VIP Fireworks Viewing Party at midnight
- Catch the Plaza fireworks from your suite or the Stadium Swim rooftop pool deck at Circa
- The Ice Rink New Year’s Eve Fireworks Viewing Party at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- ARIA provides a fireworks viewing area on the ARIA Main Porte Cochere
- BEER PARK and Chateau Nightclub & Rooftop at Paris Las Vegas will ring in the New Year with a massive rooftop party
New Year's Day
While things are pretty much back to normal by the time New Year’s Day morning—or afternoon for those who stayed out extra late—rolls around, you’ll still find some special New-year-related events on January 1:
Breakfasts, brunches & lunches
Bonus Points: Head to the Grand Canyon
Get a jump on your New Year’s Resolutions and cross an item off your bucket list: see the Grand Canyon. Whether you squeeze it in under the clock December 31st or start the new year off right with a healthy dose of awe, make a trip to the Grand Canyon part of your New Year’s experience.
VISIT THE SOUTH RIM
5 Sample NYE Itineraries
With so many options for how to ring in the new year in Vegas, it can be hard to narrow down your plans and create an itinerary for your evening. To help get you started, we’ve put together some sample itineraries for families, foodies, party goers, luxury lovers, and budget travellers.
Sample Itinerary #1: Families
Yes, there are family-friendly activities happening for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas! Check out these events:
|Start your night off early||Ultimate 4-D Experience — Excalibur Hotel & Casino|
Popovich Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino
|Dinner time||Try this list of family-friendly restaurants from TripAdvisor|
|When the clock strikes 12||Watch the Fireworks Shows from the High Roller Observation Wheel|
|New Year’s Day||Check out this list of kid-friendly breakfast restaurants from Yelp|
Visit the Grand Canyon’s West Rim — Canyon Tours
Sample Itinerary #2: Foodies
Las Vegas is a smorgasbord for foodies any day of the year, but it’s even more enticing on NYE. Here’s what we recommend:
|Start your night off right||New Year’s Eve White Truffle Tasting Menu — Brera Osteria|
|The feast continues||Secret Food Tours Las Vegas with Private Tour Option|
|When the clock strikes 12||NYE VIP Fireworks Viewing Party — The Plaza Hotel & Casino|
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Brunch — Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
Sample Itinerary #3: Party Goers
Want to ring in the new year on the dance floor? Check out these events:
|Fuel up & pre-party||New Year’s Eve drinks & appies at Casa Calavera Las Vegas|
|Parties||Steve Aoki New Year’s Eve — OMNIA Nightclub|
New Year’s Eve with the Chainsmokers — XS Nightclub
|When the clock strikes 12||Rooftop Party at BEER PARK and Chateau Nightclub & Rooftop at Paris Las Vegas|
|New Year’s Day||Enjoy a 3-hour Happy Hour at The Hard Rock Cafe|
Sample Itinerary #4: Budget-Conscious
Spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out these budget-friendly events:
|Dinner, drinks, and a show||NYE Murder Mystery Dinner Theater: Murder, Las Vegas! — Peddler’s Village|
|When the clock strikes 12||Free Fireworks Show on The Strip|
|New Year’s Day||Trip to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, or Lake Mead – Canyon Tours|
Sample Itinerary #5: Luxury Lovers
Ready to spare no expense this NYE? Welcome 2022 with these luxurious New Year’s Eve events:
|Start your night off right||Spa specials — The Spa at ARIA|
|Dinner time||7 Course Dining Experience — BLACKOUT Dining in the Dark|
|Take in a show||Blue Man Group — Luxor Hotel & Casino|
“O” BY CIRQUE DU SOLEIL® — Bellagio Hotel & Casino
Fantasy — Luxury Hotel & Casino
|Dance the night away||New Year’s Eve 2022: America’s Party Downtown — Fremont Street Experience|
|New Year’s Day||New Year’s Day Brunch — Eiffel Tower Restaurant|
Grand Canyon Deluxe Airplane and Hummer Tour — Canyon Tours
Planning to spend New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas? Between myriad events, attractions, and shows, there’s much to choose from. Remember that tickets tend to sell out quickly (and may already be sold out), so lock in your plans and snap up those reservations now!
Visiting Las Vegas this October? Add these events, festivals, shows, and Halloween events to your itinerary.
Keep your kids and yourself entertained with these exciting, interesting, and occasionally educational Las Vegas experiences.